2017 Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off
Artists Alley Information and Application
NOTE: ARTISTS ALLEY IS NOW SOLD OUT. You may still apply below to be added to the WAITING LIST. Thank you!
Single Booth Fees for 2017:
Each booth is 10 feet by 10 feet. You may purchase multiple adjacent spaces.
|Paid on or after April 2||$210|
Acceptance into Artists Alley
- Artists Alley space locations will be first come, first served by the date of your complete application, including application form, insurance, and payment in full. Space assignments and important information will be sent to accepted artists in early June. We will not consider your application until it is complete, meaning you must complete the form below; pay your booth space fee (fees are determined by the day you pay, not the day you fill out your form); submit your insurance paperwork and pay the insurance fee, if applicable; pay for parking, if requested; and submit proof of handmade, if you are a new applicant. Acceptances will be issued as promptly as possible.
- Once your application is accepted, NO REFUNDS will be issued for cancellations after May 1. Prior to May 1, if you must cancel, you may receive a refund of 50% of total fees paid. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The committee reserves the right to change or substitute vendor spaces for the good of the festival and to allow multiple vendors of the same or similar items.
- OBMA assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, or claim.
- If you have not been accepted into the Festival, your total fee will be returned as soon as possible.
Artists Alley Insurance Requirements
Artists Alley Parking – SOLD OUT
Artists Alley Vendor Booth Merchandise
- NO – No storage on sidewalks or walkways or merchandise, storage containers, or other vendor property. All must be contained within your booth space. Items in violation will be removed and will not be returned.
- NO – No merchandise with the words “Ocean Beach Street Fair”, “OB Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off”, “Artists Alley”, or any other variation thereof.
- NO – No stolen merchandise, firearms, ammunition, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
- NO – No material unsuitable for festival attendees.
Artists Alley Operations
- Vendors provide their own chairs, tables, booths, and trash receptacles.
- The Festival DOES NOT provide electricity or water.
- All trash and fluids must be removed from the event by the vendor. Fluids, including ice, must not be dumped or left anywhere (subject to fine from City of San Diego).
- Whisper-quiet generators may be used if they can be located where they are safe for the public, their cords are covered, and they do not bother other vendors.
- Electrical cords must be heavy-duty commercial grade and must be covered.
- Tarps or signs must be no more than 12 feet high. The Committee reserves the right to have a tarp or sign removed if it is deemed to be unsafe in any way or a detriment to the Festival.
- Vendors are required to secure their tents (with weights, sand bags, etc.) in case of wind gusts.
- All safety and fire regulations must be observed.
- Absolutely NO merchandise outside of your booth space. Items in violation will be removed and will not be returned.
- Each vendor is responsible for cleanup of their space and will not be allowed in the Festival in future years if area is not left clean.
- Each vendor is responsible for their own licenses and permits and any vendors required to have resale numbers are responsible for collecting and reporting their own sales tax to the State Board of Equalization.
Artists Alley Application
Applicant: Your application will be considered ONLY after you have completed below and provided your electronic signature. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Once a Vendor has been accepted, there will be absolutely NO REFUNDS of vendor fees after May 1, 2016. The No Refund Policy includes situations in which the event is canceled as a result of factors beyond the control of the Event organizers, including but not limited to war, terrorist act, natural disaster, weather, or order of any Civil or Military Authority. Such situations are beyond the control of the Event organizers, and Vendors accept the risk of loss in such a situation. The applicant agrees that herein stated is an accurate description of materials and literature to those materials and literature to be displayed and sold and that the Ocean Beach MainStreet Association (OBMA)/Street Fair Committee shall be the sole judge as to whether or not those materials are suitable for family viewing or in keeping with the general rules and regulations of the Street Fair.