2020 Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off
The Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival is a family-oriented event – filling six square blocks with vendors selling arts, crafts, merchandise, foods, and activities. Four stages will provide music and entertainment all day.
Artists Alley is an area within the Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival dedicated to showcasing handmade arts and crafts by independent artisans.
NOTE: All communication regarding applications, registration, fees, acceptance, booth space, insurance, parking, and any other issues prior to the event will be handled through the Ocean Beach MainStreet Association (OBMA) office (contact Tracy Wagner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-224-4906). Please direct any questions prior to the day of the event to Tracy. Booth assignments and day-of management will be handled by Artists Alley Chairperson Faren Shear.
If you require a paper application, please contact Tracy Wagner: email@example.com or 619-224-4906.
Single Booth Fees for 2020:
Each booth is 10 feet by 10 feet. You may purchase multiple adjacent spaces.
|Early Renewal (by invitation only to artists who participated in the 2018 Street Fair; available until January 31)||$130|
|Paid on or before February 1||$150|
|Paid on or before March 1||$180|
|Paid on or before April 1||$200|
|Paid on or after April 2||$220|
PLEASE NOTE: Booth fees are determined by the day you PAY YOUR FEE, NOT the day you APPLY. Detailed instructions for completing your application and paying your fees will be emailed to you upon receipt of your application form below. Do not delay in paying for your booth space and other fees. For mailed applications, fees are determined by the postmark on the envelope.
Acceptance into Artists Alley
- Artists Alley space locations will be first come, first served by the date of your complete application, including application form, insurance, and payment in full. Space assignments and important information will be sent to accepted artists in early June. We will not consider your application until it is complete, meaning you must complete the form below; pay your booth space fee (fees are determined by the day you pay, not the day you fill out your form); submit your insurance paperwork and pay the insurance fee, if applicable; pay for parking, if requested; and submit proof of handmade, if you are a new applicant. Acceptances will be issued as promptly as possible.
- Once your application is accepted, NO REFUNDS will be issued for cancellations after May 1. Prior to May 1, if you must cancel, you may receive a refund of 50% of total fees paid. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The committee reserves the right to change or substitute vendor spaces for the good of the festival and to allow multiple vendors of the same or similar items.
- OBMA assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, or claim.
- If you have not been accepted into the Festival, your total fee will be returned as soon as possible.
Artists Alley Insurance Requirements
Each merchandise/Artists Alley vendor must carry their own policy and furnish a copy of their ACORD certificate. Please speak to your insurance representative if you have questions about your coverage.
Artists Alley Parking
Limited parking (one space per vendor) is available only for vendors who pay ($35 fee) for the space. Parking will sell out; we do NOT expect any parking space availability the day of our event. There is absolutely no guaranteed parking unless you purchase a space IN ADVANCE. The space is for one standard vehicle (no oversized). If this does not meet your needs, please contact us to discuss other arrangements.
Artists Alley Vendor Booth Merchandise
OBMA/Street Fair Committee shall be the sole judge as to whether an item is suitable according to the general rules and regulations of the OB Street Fair. The following are not allowed:
- NO – No storage on sidewalks or walkways or merchandise, storage containers, or other vendor property. All must be contained within your booth space. Items in violation will be removed and will not be returned.
- NO – No merchandise with the words “Ocean Beach Street Fair”, “OB Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off”, “Artists Alley”, or any other variation thereof.
- NO – No stolen merchandise, firearms, ammunition, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
- NO – No material unsuitable for festival attendees.
All items for sale in your booth must be handmade by you. If you are offering non-handmade merchandise, please apply as a regular merchandise vendor.
Vendors offering prohibited merchandise for sale will be removed from the event immediately.
Artists Alley Operations
- Vendors provide their own chairs, tables, booths, and trash receptacles.
- The Festival DOES NOT provide electricity or water.
- All trash and fluids must be removed from the event by the vendor. Fluids, including ice, must not be dumped or left anywhere (subject to fine from City of San Diego).
- Whisper-quiet generators may be used if they can be located where they are safe for the public, their cords are covered, and they do not bother other vendors.
- Electrical cords must be heavy-duty commercial grade and must be covered.
- Tarps or signs must be no more than 12 feet high. The Committee reserves the right to have a tarp or sign removed if it is deemed to be unsafe in any way or a detriment to the Festival.
- Vendors are required to secure their tents (with weights, sand bags, etc.) in case of wind gusts. Event is rain or shine.
- All safety and fire regulations must be observed.
- Absolutely NO merchandise outside of your booth space. Items in violation will be removed and will not be returned.
- Each vendor is responsible for cleanup of their space and will not be allowed in the Festival in future years if area is not left clean.
- Each vendor is responsible for their own licenses and permits and any vendors required to have resale numbers are responsible for collecting and reporting their own sales tax to the State Board of Equalization.
Artists Alley Application
Applicant: Your application will be considered ONLY after you have completed below and provided your electronic signature. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Once a Vendor has been accepted, there will be absolutely NO REFUNDS of vendor fees after May 1, 2020. The No Refund Policy includes situations in which the event is canceled as a result of factors beyond the control of the Event organizers, including but not limited to war, terrorist act, natural disaster, weather, or order of any Civil or Military Authority. Such situations are beyond the control of the Event organizers, and Vendors accept the risk of loss in such a situation. The applicant agrees that herein stated is an accurate description of materials and literature to those materials and literature to be displayed and sold and that the Ocean Beach MainStreet Association (OBMA)/Street Fair Committee shall be the sole judge as to whether or not those materials are suitable for family viewing or in keeping with the general rules and regulations of the Street Fair.
The applicant agrees that it is his/her responsibility to carry appropriate insurance. He/she agrees that the OBMA/Street Fair Committee will not be held liable for legal damages. The OBMA/Street Fair Committee, a nonprofit corporation, assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, or claim arising out of the participant’s acts or omissions in the Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival. The applicant hereby agrees to hold the Association/Committee, the Directors, and Members harmless from any claim arising out of the applicant’s entry, acts, or omissions in said Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival or any accident, injury, or damage involved therein, including but not limited to attorney fees and court costs.
Please provide your electronic signature and the additional information below.