All OBMA members are eligible for the same great marketing opportunities and other benefits! Learn about member benefits.
Who can join?
The OBMA offers 2 types of membership:
1) BID membership
- If your business falls within the Ocean Beach Business Improvement District (Newport Avenue west of Sunset Cliffs and the contiguous commercial properties), then you and/or your business become an automatic member of the OBMA. The fee assessed on your annual business license renewal covers your OBMA membership. If you are not sure whether your business falls within the BID, please contact the OBMA office for assistance.
- Current BID members: Is your information correct? Do we have you on file? Please fill out this application to update your info.
2) Associate membership
- If the address on your business license does not fall within the Business Improvement District (BID) but still falls within the 92107, 92106, or 92110 ZIP codes, then your business is eligible for OBMA Associate membership (subject to approval). If you are not sure whether your business falls within the BID, please contact the OBMA office for assistance.
- If you reside in Ocean Beach but your business address is elsewhere, your business is eligible for OBMA Associate membership (subject to approval).
For example, if you are a Certified Public Accountant who lives in Ocean Beach or Point Loma but run your office elsewhere, we would love for you to join us!
- To apply as a new Associate Member or renew your membership, please fill out and return this application. You may pay your dues online.
Interested in starting a new business in Ocean Beach? Review the 10 Key Steps to Starting a Business in San Diego from the City of San Diego's Office of Small Business.