2022 OB Street Fair & Chili Cook-Off
Dear merchandise and food vendors, non-profits and organizations,
Thank you for participating in the 42nd Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair & Chili Cook-Off. Here are the links you will need to gather all the information about Saturday, June 25th.
Step one: Please click here to find your booth number on the Vendor List. Scroll to the bottom of this page for the booth layout map by block.
Step three: Next step is to click here to view the Vendor Area Map which shows you which block your booth number is in and instructs you to enter a specific way when you arrive on Saturday, June 25th. We encourage vendors to start early. You can enter the area at 6am on June 25th.
Food Vendor Notice - for all food vendors: click here and please print this notice and sign it and bring to check in.
PASSES / COLORS
Three blocks of Newport Avenue are color coded as follows:
BLOCK PASS COLORS
4800 Block - Yellow
4900 Block - Blue
5000 Block - Green
SPECIAL DESIGNATION COLORS
Cable Street Artists Alley - Vendors & Exhibitors (AA) White
Please see the street map for entering and exiting the area with your Block Pass.
You will be given the Booth Assignment for your booth. Volunteers will check you in and direct you to your correct booth space.
- Check in begins at 6am and setup may be congested.
- See attached map for booth check-in directions and trash/recycling bins.
- Promptly find your NUMBERED booth space and unload. STAY WITHIN YOUR CHALK LINES. Move your vehicle out of the fair area as soon as possible. After parking your vehicle, return to your booth space to set up. DO NOT set up while vehicle is still on the street (blocks traffic).
- All vehicles must be off the street by 9am.
- Hang your BOOTH ASSIGNMENT on the front of your booth (name and space #) before 9:30am.
- After unloading, move your vehicle out of the fair area as soon as possible. After parking your vehicle, return to your booth space to set up. DO NOT set up while vehicle is still on the street (blocks traffic). All vehicles must be off the street by 9am.
- Lock your vehicle: OBMA is not responsible for damage to or theft of vehicles or their contents.
- There are a number of paid parking lots – Diamond Parking Lot at Santa Monica and Cable Street; Ace Parking Lot at Niagara and Cable Street. There are other spots throughout the neighborhood where you could park in the early morning hours.
Please deposit your trash and recycling in one of two areas.
- Trash/recycling bins are in the back of the Parking Lot at Hodad’s 5010 Newport Ave.
- Trash/recycling bins are in the CVS lot near Cable Street and Santa Monica Ave.
- Trash goes into the trash dumpsters. Trash should be in green bags, Recycling in clear bags.
- Cardboard boxes MUST be broken down before putting them into the recycling dumpster.
- The Street Fair on Newport Ave. ends at 8 pm. No Early Departures.
- Vendors, please begin your cleanup and loading at 8pm.
- When you retrieve your vehicle after you have broken down your booth, please enter the Street Fair the same way you did in the morning!
- Loaded vehicles should be off the street by 9:30pm.
For Food Vendors, please check out with your Block Captain once your area is determined to be clean.
We will email you a Speedy Renewal Application by Dec. 1, 2022. If you renew by Jan. 31, 2023, you will pay the lowest rate for your booth next year and get preferred placement . . . BE PREPARED; DON’T BE LEFT OUT!
Thank you for joining the 42nd Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair & Chili Cook-Off Festival. We hope your day is enjoyable and profitable! my best, Tracy Wagner, Vendor Coordinator – Office 619-224-4906.