The state department of health gave San Diego County the go ahead Wednesday to allow restaurants to open for dine-in service beginning today, May 21, 2020.
A message from the Department of Environmental Health
Dear Food Facility Operators,
On the evening of May 20, 2020, the Governor approved the County of San Diego’s request to proceed with modified onsite dining throughout the San Diego region.
The Department of Environmental Health (DEH) is providing the state and local guidance documents and local protocols for restaurants to operate in a modified manner. Prior to implementing onsite dining, please review the resources below and modify your food facility operations to meet the COVID-19 prevention measures listed in the San Diego Safe Onsite Dining Plan and San Diego Restaurant Operating Protocol. A copy of your Restaurant Operating Protocol does not need to be submitted to the County; just complete, sign and post it in your facility.
For those restaurants currently operating in a take-out fashion and keeping operations the same, your previously posted protocols suffice. For those operators who wish to expand operations or re-open operations to allow for limited onsite dining, please complete and post the Restaurant Operating Protocol.
- San Diego Safe Onsite Dining Plan – Review guidance for implementing key prevention measures for COVID-19.
- San Diego Restaurant Operating Protocol – Fill this form out, print and post at a public entrance. Implement all mandatory measures.
- San Diego Guidance for Food Facility Re-Openings – Guidance checklist to help you with re-opening.
- San Diego Safe Dining Posters – Print and display these posters at all entrances to the facility.
- State Guidance for Dine-in Restaurants – Review guidance for additional optional measures that can be implemented to protect against COVID-19.
The Department of Environmental Health will continue conducting food safety status verifications to ensure compliance with the California Retail Food Code and provide guidance and education on the Health Officer Orders.
If you have questions regarding the local protocols or how your facility will operate in a modified manner, please contact the duty information specialist at (858) 505-6900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For updated information about COVID-19, including resource documents such as frequently asked questions, informational posters, and guidance, please visit www.coronavirus-sd.com.
Department of Environmental Health
Food and Housing Division
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact the OBMA office!