CALL TO ARTISTS
The Ocean Beach MainStreet Association, Teeter, and Luminous Views Gallery are pleased to collaborate on an art show celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Ocean Beach Pier (#OBPier), which opened on July 2, 1966. The pier is a visually striking, iconic San Diego landmark (as well as the longest concrete fishing pier on the West Coast); it has inspired art by locals and visitors over the past half-century. If the pier has inspired you to create, please submit your work to our show!
# The opening reception for the show will take place June 30th. The show will go from June 30th to July 31st.
# The location is Teeter, 5032 Niagara Ave, San Diego, CA 92107, and the show will be on display 10AM - 7PM Tuesday - Sunday.
# All pieces must remain at the gallery for the duration of the show.
- We are looking for 2D & 3D works that depict, interpret, or are about or inspired by the Ocean Beach Pier.
- All different sizes and media will be considered.
- Limit of one (1) submission per artist.
- Last day for submissions MAY 6th.
- Accepted artwork notices MAY 20th.
- 2D pieces must be ready to hang. For 3D works/installations, artists must supply display materials.
- All pieces must be for sale.
- Artists will be receiving 50% of all sales with the remainder going to support the arts in the Ocean Beach community and toward the costs of the show.
- To have your work considered, please submit a high-quality image of your work along with a title and description, including dimensions, the sale price, and your contact information in a message to the Call to Artists Facebook page or OBPierCalltoArtists@gmail.com.
(Photo above courtesy of Luminous Views)