Please note several changes have been made to the vendor application process to ensure the event is a success for all vendors and patrons.
ALL applications will be accepted online only. Once your application is submitted and approved, you will receive an email with a link to pay by credit card.
The OB Oktoberfest is a fun, colorful event celebrating Oktoberfest along the Pacific Ocean.
All vendors will be in Veteran’s Plaza on the grassy area at the foot of Newport Avenue and Abbott Street. The vendor area includes a stage with family-friendly musical acts and several contests. There will be tables and chairs for the public to enjoy while shopping and enjoying the food vendors.
Octoberfest General Schedule
Friday, October 11th thru Saturday, October 12th 2019
We only have vendors on Saturday, October 12th
Veteran’s Plaza Grassy Area
Merchandise & Food Vendors 9am – 11pm
The 21+ Beer Garden will be open from 10:30am-Midnight in the Pier Parking Lot adjacent to merchandise and food vendor area. Your booth will not be located in the beer garden.
|Merchandise Booth 10’ x 10’||$295|
|Food Vendor Booth 10’ x 10’||$595|
|Food Vendor Booth 10’ x 15’||$725|
Food booth pricing includes:
Environmental Health Department required 3 compartment hot and cold sink.
One trash receptacle and one recycling receptacle dedicated within your booth
Booth fees are due upon receiving your vendor acceptance letter via email, which will include a link to pay the booth fee online.
Your booth is not reserved until full payment is made via a credit card online and all required documents are received.
The organizers maintain the right to review all applications, decline any vendors that are not fitting for the event and/or modify the vendor category they fall into. If you are declined a refund will be submitted.
The Ocean Beach MainStreet Association and/or the OB Oktoberfest Committee shall be the sole judge as to whether an item is suitable to sell according to the general rules and regulations of the OB Oktoberfest. Please note that the following items are not permitted: No – merchandise with the words “OB Oktoberfest” or any other variation thereof; stolen merchandise, firearms, ammunition, alcoholic beverages, or drugs; materials unsuitable for festival attendees. Vendors offering such merchandise for sale will be removed from the event immediately.
- Setup is from 6:30am-8:30am
- Setup is located at Veterans’ Plaza on the grassy area at the foot of Newport Avenue and Abbott Street
- Vendors will provide their own canopies, tables, chairs, etc.
- The festival DOES NOT provide electricity or water.
- Vendors may unload in the designated loading zone located on Abbott Street between 6:30am and 8:30am.
- All vendor vehicles must be moved immediately after unloading.
- There are no designated vendor parking areas.
- There are various paid lots throughout downtown Ocean Beach, which are in walking distance to the festival.
Vendor Booth Operations
- All City of San Diego and/or County of San Diego regulations, including but not limited to, safety regulations, health department regulations, fire marshal regulations, and storm water policies must always be observed
- Whisper-quiet generators may be used if they are located where they are safe for the public, cords are covered, and they do not bother other vendors.
- Electrical cords must be heavy-duty commercial grade and must be covered.
- Tarps or signs must be no more than 12 feet high.
- The Committee reserves the right to have a tarp and/or sign removed if is deemed unsafe or a detriment to the Festival in any way.
- Breakdown begins at 10:30pm
- No sales after 11:00pm
- All trash AND fluids must be removed from the event by the vendor.
- Fluids, including ice must not be dumped or left on festival property.
- Each vendor is responsible for cleanup of their space. If the area is not left clean, the credit card on file will be charged $150 per your Vendor Agreement and the vendor will not be allowed in the OB Oktoberfest in future years.
Acceptance / Space Assignment
- You will receive an acceptance email within 10 business days of submitting your application online.
- Vendor space locations will be assigned based on the best flow for the festival.
- Vendors will receive their vendor packet which will include their booth assignment via email by September 15, 2019.
- Please bring your vendor packet to the festival check-in located at Veteran’s Plaza located on Abbott Street.
Application Process for all Vendors
- Completed online application
- Payment in full via online credit card processing online.
- Current Certificate of Insurance