Hello OBMA Members
We are sure you've heard the great news that more of our merchants can open their doors to the community today, June 12th.
The below message is from the County of San Diego.
Effective June 12, 2020, the County of San Diego Health Officer Order will be amended in accordance with the State of California’s guidance allowing the re-opening of Bars, Wineries and Breweries without food service, and family entertainment centers (bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages, arcades). All facilities that have food and beverage service must still follow the guidance in the San Diego Safe Onsite Food and Beverage Plan and complete the San Diego Food Facility, Restaurant, Bar, Winery, Brewery Operating Protocol. Social distancing must be adhered to at all times and customers must wear face coverings when not seated for service. In addition, please note that employees and customers at family entertainment centers must also adhere to social distancing, wear face coverings, and centers must follow the State COVID-19 Guidance for Family Entertainment Centers.
The San Diego Food Facility, Restaurant, Bar, Winery, Brewery Operating Protocol provides guidance on operating in a modified manner with COVID-19 precautions. Prior to re-opening, please review the resources below, modify your operations to meet the COVID‐19 prevention measures and complete the San Diego Food Facility, Restaurant, Bar, Winery, Brewery Operating Protocol. A copy of your Operating Protocol does not need to be submitted to the County; just complete, sign, and post it in your facility. If you have already completed and posted an Operating Protocol, a new protocol does not need to be posted.
- San Diego Safe Onsite Food and Beverage Plan – Review guidance for implementing key prevention measures for COVID‐19.
- San Diego Food Facility, Restaurant, Bar, Winery, Brewery Operating Protocol – Fill this form out, print and post at a public entrance. Implement all mandatory measures.
- San Diego Guidance for Food Facility Re‐Openings – Guidance checklist to help you with re‐opening.
- San Diego Safe Dining Posters – Print and display these posters at all entrances to the facility.
- Please visit our Food Publications webpage for other available languages
- Frequently Asked Questions
- State COVID-19 Guidance for Family Entertainment Centers
- State COVID-19 Guidance for Restaurants Bars and Wineries
The Department of Environmental Health will continue conducting food safety status verifications to ensure compliance with the California Retail Food Code and provide guidance and education on the Health Officer Orders. If you have questions regarding the local protocols or how your facility will operate in a modified manner, please contact the duty information specialist at (858) 505‐6900 or by email at [email protected].
For updated information about COVID‐19, including resource documents such as frequently asked questions, informational posters, and guidance, please visit www.coronavirus‐sd.com.
Department of Environmental Health
Food and Housing Division