From San Diego Police Department: Reporting Graffiti in the City of San Diego
Reporting Graffiti: If you see graffiti vandalism in progress, call 911 and report it immediately to the San Diego Police Department. Do not confront the vandals. Although they may appear to be harmless, they may be carrying weapons. The police will respond based on the priority of the crime compared to others for which they have calls at the time.
Reporting Existing Graffiti: If you see graffiti in your neighborhood on public or private property, report it immediately to the Graffiti Control Program through online reporting http://apps.sandiego.gov/streetdiv/ or by calling the Graffiti Hotline at (619) 527-7500. Calls to Street Division Customer Service are confidential. City crews remove graffiti from City property, usually within five days of receiving a report. City code compliance officers must notify private property owners of graffiti on their property and of their responsibility to remove it. Depending on the cooperation of property owners, it could take longer for graffiti to be removed from private properties.
Rewards Program With our Spray and Pay Graffiti Rewards Program, you could receive up to $500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of graffiti vandals.
See more at: https://www.sandiego.gov/street-div/services/graffiti/
additional graffiti information:
Detective Cassie Ericson(Email) photos with location to: CEricson@pd.sandiego.gov, RECORD LOCATION, & DATE, REPORT PHOTOS BY EMAIL. then, REMOVE!
1. If the graffiti is located on,
• Public property, report it immediately to the Graffiti Control Program (above).
• Commercial property, report it to the business.
• Private property, notify the resident.
• Your property, remove it immediately.
2. Try to remove the graffiti with a solvent and rag (wear gloves), e.g. Goof Off Graffiti Remover. If you need to paint it out, try to match the existing color. Use a razor blade scraper for removing stickers on glass, signs, benches, etc
Officer David Surwilo
San Diego Police Department
Community Relations Officer