'Tis the Season to Shop Local
You'll find everything you need for the holidays in Ocean Beach. Find the perfect gifts for the OBecian in your life!
Sip on your favorite beverage and let everyone know you love OB!
The 2023 ornament features the Surfing “OB Parrot” riding the waves.
Two complete decks featuring the Ocean Beach Pier and The Original Dog Beach.
Give the gift of beauty this year
Bonus gift card with gift card purchase!
Specializing in Estate Vintage and Antique Jewelry
Give your child the gift of Christmas Magic! Drop off your letters to Santa! Letters receieved by Dec. 8th will get a reply postmarked from the North Pole!
Don’t forget the dog! (a.k.a your best friend)
A gift of relaxation and spectacular views!
Potter’s Wheel Packages Available
Starting at $9
Brighten that special someone’s holiday with these magnificent floral arrangements.
SHOP LOCAL: Buying gifts in Ocean Beach matters
BECOME AN ADVOCATE
It’s easier than ever to find a local movement supporting shopping locally. Joining one is even easier. Shopping locally is even more crucial now than ever, as so many small businesses try to survive after the pandemic.
In most cases, the best way to show love for your local business is to buy from them. The holidays are a great time to give back to your small business community by spending your dollars there.
But what happens when you go beyond the purchase? How much can you achieve by becoming an actual voice in the conversation promoting the act of shopping locally into the mainstream?
JOIN THE MISSION
Community-focused organizations, like Ocean Beach Merchants Association (OBMA) are continually seeking volunteers to help get the word out on their efforts. Choosing to devote your time or resources toward the overall growth of the small business landscape can have a big impact on your community.
Individuals looking for everything from clothing to home improvement services to office supplies can look to small businesses to fill those needs:
- Look for small businesses for any of your shopping needs. Chances are items sold by big box retailers also are sold by small businesses. When the options are the same or similar, purchase from a small business instead of its big box competitor.
- Ocean Beach has unique and personalized gifts that you can’t find anywhere else.
- Readily provide recommendations of small businesses with which you have done business. Too often people are quick to complain about places that have failed them, but those same people don’t think to say kind words about companies that went above and beyond. Share great experiences on social media or through word of mouth.
- Talk to small business owners first if you have an issue. It’s tempting to go directly to social media to complain about something, but such complaints can have a dire impact. Always take issues to the manager or business owner first to see if a resolution can be reached. A manager may not be aware of an issue at all. Give small businesses a chance to make it right before taking things public.
- If you own a small business, rely on other small businesses to fulfill your needs. Small businesses have experienced unprecedented setbacks due to COVID-19. By supporting small businesses, communities can help them regain stable footing.
Find local businesses through the OBMA directory at OceanBeachSanDiego.com or reach out to OBMA at 619-224-4906 and they will point you in the right direction. (In a world that doesn’t answer the phone - we do. Think of us as the OB Concierge)