Environmental Health Update
On December 24, 2020, the local Health Order was updated with changes to the procedures for isolation of all persons with or likely to have COVID-19 and quarantine of persons exposed to COVID-19. Please visit the local Health Order webpage to view the updated isolation and quarantine Health Orders in multiple languages.
On December 29, 2020 the State Regional Stay at Home Order was extended for the Southern California region which includes San Diego County. The Order requires regions with less than 15% hospital intensive care unit (ICU) availability to comply with additional COVID-19 preventative measures put in place on December 6, 2020 when the Southern California region ICU capacity became less than 15%.
The following restrictions remain in place until the Southern California region ICU capacity is greater than 15% and the order is lifted:
- Restaurant Food Facilities (other than for take-out, pick-up, or delivery, which is still allowed)
- Bars, breweries, and distilleries (other than for take-out, pick-up, or delivery, which is still allowed)
- Wineries (other than for take-out, pick-up, or delivery, which is still allowed)
- Indoor playgrounds
- Indoor recreational facilities
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Personal care services (including massage and body art)
- Museums, zoos, and aquariums
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers
- Cardrooms and satellite wagering
- Limited services
- Live audience sports
- Amusement parks
Please continue to take all necessary precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear face coverings.
- Physically distance six feet when possible.
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Follow industry specific guidelines for COVID-19.
- Review your onsite Safe Reopening Plan or Food Facility Protocol and if necessary, update it to be consistent with the new requirements for your industry.
We appreciate your continued commitment to protecting public health. If you have questions regarding this information or your operation, please contact our duty information specialist at (858) 505‐6900 or email at [email protected].
For updated information about COVID-19, including resource documents such as frequently asked questions, informational posters, and guidance, please visit www.coronavirus-sd.com. You can also text COSD COVID19 to 468-311 to get text alert updates or follow SDCountyHHSA on Facebook or @SDCountyHHSA on Twitter.
Department of Environmental Health
Food and Housing Division
Learn more about the County of San Diego - Food and Housing Division.
Environmental and public health through leadership, partnership and science.
OBMA Resources COVID-19 Updates
The Ocean Beach MainStreet Association website has a COVID-19 Resource guide which includes updated resources for our members and the community.