Committee participation is open to all OBMA members. To join, simply show up at the meeting. If you’d like to be reminded about upcoming meetings, please let the OBMA office know: [email protected] or (619) 224-4906.
Meets: noon, OBMA office, 2nd Wednesday of each month (bring your lunch)
Mission: To promote the best use of existing buildings, natural, and human resources to ensure the economic viability of Ocean Beach. This committee’s focus is the economic well-being of the Ocean Beach business district, including business retention, business recruitment, and cost analysis studies.
Chair: Gary Gilmore, Gilmore Family Jewelers
Goals & Projects
- Complete Who We Are & What We Do project
- Update the Online Business Directory
- New member onboarding procedures and outreach
- Outreach to current OBMA members to get them more involved in our organization
- Find a resolution for closing the parking lots in Ocean Beach
- Create and send out a survey in March 2023 to our membership regarding their outlook for the New Year and what they would like from the OBMA organization
- Manage the Newport Avenue Maintenance Assessment District
- Manage Public Right of Way (PROW) program
- Work with the City of San Diego to resolve issues with parking restrictions
- Notify representatives about issues that have a negative effect on small businesses
- Make recommendations to OBMA Board about issues pertaining to small business survival and growth
- Manage landscaping, street cleaning, and trash for Newport Avenue Maintenance Assessment District
OB Online Business Directory Update
We’ve heard from a lot of our members, 62 to be exact. Please reach out to the OBMA team and provide us with any updates to your business. This will ensure we have the most up-to-date information posted.