Join the Kiwanis for the 69th Annual OB Kite Festival at Dusty Rhodes Park2483 Sunset Cliffs Blvd, San Diego, California 92107
The Kiwanis Club of Ocean Beach presents:
The 68th Annual Ocean Beach Kite Festival
Saturday, May 13, 2017
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dusty Rhodes Park (Sunset Cliffs Blvd. between W. Point Loma and Nimitz)
Free Parking at Robb Field - Free Shuttle to Event
Sponsored by the
Kiwanis Club of Ocean Beach
Serving Beach Communities since 1928
Cosponsored by the
Ocean Beach Recreation Center
- Make and decorate your own kite;
- Get free materials, instructions, and help with kite making;
- Prizes awarded for best decorated kites; and
- Several price contests by age groups throughout the day.
- Fly your newly made kite, or bring a kite from home and show it off;
- Watch amazing kite shows like the Kite Ballet, Stunts, and other Feats of Skill;
- Play awesome kite games like Chase the Tail, Candy Drop, and Races; and
- Get instruction from some of the best kite fliers around.
AND MUCH MORE!
- Enjoy the carnival;
- Peruse the "Off" Street Fair of artisans, community booths, and food trucks; and
- Groove to the live music of Beer Feat from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Kite Festival is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Ocean Beach and the Ocean Beach Recreation Center.
Melanie Nickel, (619) 225-8705 or (619) 890-9397