Re-scheduled from Saturday March 1st - Join the Kiwanis for the 66th Annual OB Kite Festival at Dusty Rhodes Park (2483 Sunset Cliffs Blvd, San Diego, California 92107).
Melanie Nickel, 619-225-8705 or 619-890-9397
66th Annual Ocean Beach Kiwanis Kite Festival and Craft Fair
Date: Saturday, May 10, 2014
Location: Dusty Rhodes Park, Sunset Cliffs Blvd. at Nimitz
Hours: 10 am to 4 pm
Description: Free kite making and instruction for all children.
- Prizes for best decorated kites, by age category.
- Spectacular kite flying demonstrations throughout the day.
- Carnival rides and a craft fair are also part of the event.
- This free family event is the oldest children’s kite festival in the United States,now celebrating its 66th year. This is a third-generation event; people whoattended as children are now bringing their children and grandchildren.
- Youngsters are taught how to make kites; all materials are supplied. There areprizes for the best decorated kites. Any handmade kite can be submitted, not justkites made at the Festival.
- Entertainment and lunch are provided. Adding to the fun, families can go oncarnival rides or browse for unique handicrafts at the craft fair.
The Kite Festival is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Ocean Beach and the Ocean Beach Recreation Center. For further
Visit their event on Facebook for more information!