38th Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair & Chili Cook-Off Festival
Saturday, June 24, 2017
PLEASE NOTE: Volunteer assignments have been sent to all our registered volunteers! If you'd still like to lend a last-minute hand, please contact Isabel in the OBMA office (619-224-4906 or email@example.com) so we can find a place for you. Current volunteers, please contact Isabel with any questions about your volunteer service. THANK YOU!
- Positions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis and fill up quickly! Register ASAP for your first-choice position.
- Each volunteer must fill out a separate application.
- If your availability changes, please let us know as soon as possible. Contact Isabel in the OBMA office (619-224-4906 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with any changes.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old. Minors (ages 14-18) must be accompanied by an adult (one adult per minor).
- Volunteers receive free water during their shifts and a coveted Official Volunteer Event T-Shirt. We ask that you please wear your t-shirt during your volunteer shift.
- NEW THIS YEAR: All volunteers must check in 20 minutes prior to your shift start time at the OBMA office, 1868 Bacon St, Suite A. You will receive your t-shirt at check-in.
Over 200 volunteers, including our core group of Special Event committee members and area captains, make the Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off the wonderful community event it is! We are currently recruiting for the following positions for this year's event:
- Merchandise Booths: sell merchandise, calculate change, etc. Available shifts: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Chili Tickets: sell Chili Cook-Off tasting tickets, calculate change, etc. This position does not involve serving chili. Time: 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Committee Chili: serve Committee Chili, take tickets. This position does not involve handling cash. Time: 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Community Mural: sell squares, distribute paint, and assist mural painters. Available shifts: 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Check-In/Traffic Control: assist vendors with booth locations and direct traffic. Time: 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Setup: place tables and chairs, general setup. Time: 5 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Breakdown: general event breakdown. Time: 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Rock & Roll San Diego Area: assist at the Rock & Roll San Diego experiential music area in the center of the fair. Available shifts: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
By providing your electronic signature below, you agree that you have read the information on this page and will abide by the rules therein.
The applicant agrees that the OBMA/Street Fair Committee will not be held liable for legal damages. The OBMA/Street Fair Committee, a nonprofit corporation, assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, or claim arising out of the participant’s acts or omissions in the Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival. The applicant hereby agrees to hold the Association/Committee, the Directors, and Members harmless from any claim arising out of the applicant’s entry, acts, or omissions in said Street Fair and Chili Cook-Off Festival or any accident, injury, or damage involved therein, including but not limited to attorney fees and court costs.
Please note, we request that volunteers refrain from smoking and from wearing political or campaign buttons of other paraphernalia during your volunteer shift or wear wearing your volunteer t-shirt.
Please provide your electronic signature and the additional information below.