Celebrate the OB Vibe
This application is for artisan and makers who want to feature their goods in the Art by the Pier area, which is located in the OB Pier parking lot. Art by the Pier vendor area is located within the Celebrate the OB Vibe event dedicated to showcasing handmade arts and crafts by independent artisans and makers only.
NOTE: All communication regarding applications, registration, fees, acceptance, booth space, insurance, parking, and any other issues prior to the event will be handled through the Ocean Beach MainStreet Association (OBMA) office (contact Tracy Wagner, [email protected], (619) 224-4906).
Please direct any questions prior to the day of the event to Tracy. Booth assignments and day-of management will be handled by Art by the Pier Chairperson, Faren Shear.
If you require a paper application, please contact Tracy Wagner: [email protected] or (619) 224-4906.
Saturday, June 26, 2021
General event hours: 10 am to 6 pm
Art by the Pier: 10 am to 6 pm (breakdown at 6 pm.; no sales after 6 p.m.; no early departures)
Vendor setup: 6 am to 9 am (instructions will be provided; you may enter the venue with your car. Please unload and leave the venue to park your car. All vehicles must out of the venue by off 8:30 am)
Single Booth Fees For 2021
Each booth is 10 feet by 10 feet. You may purchase multiple adjacent spaces.
|Paid on or before May 15, 2021||$150|
|Paid after May 15, 2021||$175|
PLEASE NOTE: Booth fees are determined by the day you PAY YOUR FEE, NOT the day you APPLY. Detailed instructions for completing your application and paying your fees will be emailed to you upon receipt of your application form below. Do not delay in paying for your booth space and other fees.
Acceptance Into Art By The Pier
- Art By The Pier space locations will be first come, first served by the date of your complete application, including application form, insurance, and payment in full. Space assignments and important information will be sent to accepted artists in early June. We will not consider your application until it is complete, meaning you must complete the form below; pay your booth space fee (fees are determined by the day you pay, not the day you fill out your form); submit your insurance paperwork and pay the insurance fee, if applicable; pay for parking, if requested; and submit proof of handmade, if you are a new applicant. Acceptances will be issued as promptly as possible.
- Once your application is accepted, NO REFUNDS will be issued for cancellations after May 15. Prior to May 15, if you must cancel, you may receive a refund of 50% of total fees paid. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The committee reserves the right to change or substitute vendor spaces for the good of the festival and to allow multiple vendors of the same or similar items.
- OBMA assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, or claim.
- If you have not been accepted into the event, your total fee will be returned as soon as possible.
Art By The Pier Insurance Requirements
- Each Art By The Pier vendor must carry their own policy and furnish a copy of their ACORD certificate. Please speak to your insurance representative if you have questions about your coverage.
Art By The Pier Parking
- Limited parking (one space per booth) is available for a fee of $40 and must be purchased online. The space is for one vehicle and must fit in a standard parking space.
Art By The Pier Vendor Booth Merchandise
OBMA/CTOV Committee shall be the sole judge as to whether an item is suitable according to the general rules and regulations of Celebrate the OB Vibe. The following are not allowed:
NO – No storage on sidewalks or walkways or merchandise, storage containers, or other vendor property. All must be contained within your booth space. Items in violation will be removed and will not be returned.
NO – No merchandise with the words “Celebrate the OB Vibe”, “Art By the Pier”, “Art in the Park”, or any other variation thereof.
NO – No stolen merchandise, firearms, ammunition, alcoholic beverages, drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
NO – No material unsuitable for festival attendees.
All items for sale in your booth must be handmade by you. If you are offering non-handmade merchandise, please apply as a regular merchandise vendor.
Vendors offering prohibited merchandise for sale will be removed from the event immediately.
Art By The Pier Operations
- Vendors provide their own chairs, tables, booths, and trash receptacles.
- The Event DOES NOT provide electricity or water.
- All trash and fluids must be removed from the event by the vendor. Fluids, including ice, must not be dumped or left anywhere (subject to fine from City of San Diego).
- Whisper-quiet generators may be used if they can be located where they are safe for the public, their cords are covered, and they do not bother other vendors.
- Electrical cords must be heavy-duty commercial grade and must be covered.
- Tarps or signs must be no more than 12 feet high. The Committee reserves the right to have a tarp or sign removed if it is deemed to be unsafe in any way or a detriment to the event.
- Vendors are required to secure their tents (with weights, sand bags, etc.) in case of wind gusts. Event is rain or shine.
- All safety and fire regulations must be observed.
- Absolutely NO merchandise outside of your booth space. Items in violation will be removed and will not be returned.
- Each vendor is responsible for cleanup of their space and will not be allowed in the event in future years if area is not left clean.
- Each vendor is responsible for their own licenses and permits and any vendors required to have resale numbers are responsible for collecting and reporting their own sales tax to the State Board of Equalization.
Art By The Pier Application
Applicant: Your application will be considered ONLY after you have completed below and provided your electronic signature. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Once a Vendor has been accepted, there will be absolutely NO REFUNDS of vendor fees after May 15, 2021. The No Refund Policy includes situations in which the event is canceled as a result of factors beyond the control of the Event organizers, including but not limited to war, terrorist act, natural disaster, weather, pandemic conditions or order of any Civil or Military Authority. Such situations are beyond the control of the Event organizers, and Vendors accept the risk of loss in such a situation. The applicant agrees that herein stated is an accurate description of materials and literature to those materials and literature to be displayed and sold and that the Ocean Beach MainStreet Association (OBMA) / Celebrate the OB Vibe (CTOV) Committee shall be the sole judge as to whether or not those materials are suitable for family viewing or in keeping with the general rules and regulations of the event.
The applicant agrees that it is his/her responsibility to carry appropriate insurance. He/she agrees that the OBMA/CTOV Committee will not be held liable for legal damages. The OBMA/CTOV, a nonprofit corporation, assumes no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, or claim arising out of the participant’s acts or omissions in the Celebrate the OB Vibe event. The applicant hereby agrees to hold the Association/Committee, the Directors, and Members harmless from any claim arising out of the applicant’s entry, acts, or omissions in said Celebrate the OB Vibe event or any accident, injury, or damage involved therein, including but not limited to attorney fees and court costs.
Please provide your electronic signature and the additional information below.